Help is available for you and your church to target funding for projects – either for mission or for capital works. Projects come in all shapes and sizes – and we’ve explored sources of funding for everything from fixing church roofs to employing church youth or children’s workers.
It’s good practice for the day to day running costs and routine maintenance of the church to be met by regular, planned giving. Inevitably though, there’ll be times when a major appeal is needed. On this page you’ll find links to all sources of diocesan funding, along with links to external funders.
If you require further advice on planning, researching, funding and managing your project please contact us.
Looking for a grant for your project?
From Churchyards to ministry areas… and so much in between, we might just have the thing for you….
Diocesan Grants Available:
- Reopening Churches Grant (Word)
- Ministry Area Development Grant (Word)
- Churchyard Improvement Grant (Word)
- Church Fabric and Church Hall Grant (Word)
- Insurance Excess: Multiple Claims Grant (Word)
Quarterly Deadlines Diocesan Grants - 2021
- February 17th
- May 19th
- September 15th
- November 17th
Subscribe to the Friday Email which features grant updates,
Other Grant Providers
For more information about other grant funding bodies please contact Libby,
Some popular ones are listed below,
Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme
Scheme to reclaim the VAT on eligible buildings worked carried out to a listed place of worship.
Find out more and download the application form here, http://www.lpwscheme.org.uk/
National Churches Trust
- Cornerstone Grant- £10,000 - £50,000 towards major urgent structural repair projects, or projects to add kitchens, accessible toilets to enable increased community use.
- Gateway Grant - £3000 - £10,000 towards project development & investigative work up to RIBA planning stage 1 to support planning & developing of a major project or urgent & essential maintenance projects costing £10,000 - £100,000.
- Foundation Grant - £500 - £5000 for urgent maintenance works & small repairs identified as high priority in a recent QI.
More info here https://www.nationalchurchestrust.org/
Welsh Churches Fund
Contribution towards the restoration & maintenance of any place of public worship or any burial ground. Usually £1000 - £2000, administered by local authority,
- Newport – https://www.newport.gov.uk/en/Council-Democracy/About-the-council/Welsh-Church-Fund.aspx
- Monmouthshire & Torfaen – https://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/welsh-church-fund/
- Cardiff – https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resident/Benefits-and-Grants/Other-Council-Grants/Pages/default.aspx
- Blaenau Gwent – https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/en/business/business-support-growth/grants-to-organisations/
- Caerphilly –https://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-grants/Grants-for-Communities/Welsh-Church-Fund
All Churches Trust
£2000- £5000 towards projects which demonstrate impact on people & communities, repairs, renovations, reordering, community outreach or protection of heritage.
More info here https://www.allchurches.co.uk/
Grantfinder is a grants database which searches over 8000 funding schemes, the Diocese can provide you with access or complete a funding search on your behalf. Please contact Libby, email@example.com for more information.