Safeguarding means preventing harm to children and adults at risk by protecting them from abuse or neglect.
The Church in Wales is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of its life, mission and ministry.
The Church in Wales will:
- promote the wellbeing of children and adults at risk
- raise awareness of safeguarding within the Church
- work to prevent abuse or harm from occurring
- seek to protect and respond well to those that have been abused.
Please visit the safeguarding pages on our provincial website to access all the Church in Wales Safeguarding information and resources including:
- Reporting a concern
- Contact details for the team
- Training information
- Safeguarding policies and guidance
- Information for Survivors
Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires urgent medical attention, please call the emergency services now on 999 – DO NOT DELAY.’
For more information please visit www.churchinwales.org.uk/en/safeguarding/