At our recent Time for Mission Conference we launched a funding programme which to support initiatives which make fresh connections between the local community and the church.
Thank you to all churches who donated to the Bishop’s Lent Appeal we have raised more than £18,500 to support mission in our Diocese.
We are looking for projects that are investing in the following:
- Listening to their community
- Loving and serving in response to local needs
- Building meaningful relationships with those outside of the church
- Exploring faith and discipleship in relevant and innovative ways
- Developing new and appropriate forms of church
Type of Project
The fund seeks to support new initiatives and not existing projects. Examples (not exhaustive) of what the fund might cover include:
- Equipment costs for mission projects (but not equipment for general parish purposes)
- Other project running costs
- Support toward staffing costs (eg. pioneer / youth and children’s / family workers)
Those who consider applications understand that mission comes in different forms, and works across all traditions.
Common ingredients to successful projects are ones which show:
- Creativity and innovation
- Connection with those outside of the church, who the church is currently not engaging
- A desire to share faith and develop church in new and relevant ways
- Partnership with others in the local community (including ecumenical partners)
The Time for Mission Fund will be allocated in two ways:
A Small Grants Pot
This stream would welcome applications for up to £200 for missional activities that meet the Time for Mission Fund criteria.
Applications for the Small Grants Pot would be made using the same application form but we will respond to these on a rolling basis. There is therefore no official deadline for this stream.
The main Time for Mission Grant scheme
The rest of the money will be allocated via the main Time for Mission Grants of up to £2000, again for activities that meet the criteria below.
The deadline for application is 31 January 2017.
SAVE THE DATE – SATURDAY 4 MARCH
Applicants are invited to a Time for Mission event on Saturday 4th March (daytime, full details TBC). This will be a chance for Ministry Areas to present their missional
projects and plans for the future. It will be an opportuni
ty to celebrate what is happening around the Diocese and to share ideas, as well as to allocate funding. We will also have representation from the
Seedbed funding group and the Cinnamon Trust at the event (two Christian funders), who will be offering advice and support to Ministry Areas. It will also be an opportunity to network with these funders and to find out more about the resources they offer.